Learn how to install and set up mmhmm on different platforms.
Download and install mmhmm
- Go to the mmhmm download page and download mmhmm for Mac.
- Open the mmhmm.pkg installer file.
- If you're prompted to give the installer access to your Downloads folder, click OK.
- If you encounter a The installation failed error, learn how to troubleshoot and resolve it.
- When the installation is complete, click Close.
- A prompt will appear requesting access to your camera and microphone. Click Allow for both permissions.
- Next to Install the mmhmm camera, click Install.
- A prompt will appear asking you to enable system extensions which are required for mmhmm to work properly. Click Open System Settings.
In the Privacy & Security settings, click Allow in the System software from application "mmhmm" was blocked from loading section.
Click Done. This will open the mmhmm desktop app.
- Click Log in with browser. If you don't have an mmhmm account, click Create one here.
- Go to the mmhmm download page and download mmhmm for Windows.
- Open the mmhmm.msi installer file.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish. If the Launch mmhmm checkbox is selected, the mmhmm app will open automatically.
Click Log in with browser. If you don't have an mmhmm account, click Create one here.
mmhmm user interface
Tip: Click the image below to enlarge it.
|Show or hide the mmhmm sidebar menu. Access links to mmhmm home and account settings.
|Invite others to your mmhmm conversation.
|Join a conversation
|Join an existing mmhmm conversation.
|Add content to slides
|Use this menu to add content to your slides.
|Search the help center, ask the mmhmm community, contact support, watch tutorial videos, read release notes, access quick tours, or go on a live video call with an mmhmm expert.
|Style menu and slide tray on/off
|Show or hide the style panel and slide tray.
|Access your appearance, background, and slide settings.
|This is where you will appear on screen as a presenter.
|Undo / Redo
|Undo or redo an action. (Not available in the video editor.)
|Choose one of your existing presentations to work on.
|Create a new blank slide.
|Record your presentation and upload it to mmhmm.
|Open the video editor window to make edits to your chapters. The name of this button will reflect the name of your video.
|View all videos you recorded using mmhmm. Clicking a recorded video will open the video editor window, along with its accompanying mmhmm presentation.
|New / close presentation
|Create a new mmhmm presentation or close a currently open one.
|This is where all of your mmhmm presentation slides appear.
|Camera, microphone, and volume on / off selector
|Toggle your microphone and camera. You can also select your mic, camera, or speaker here.
Select your camera
To appear as a presenter in your mmhmm conversation or presentation, you'll need to connect your webcam to mmhmm.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the Camera icon.
- In the menu, select the camera you want to use.
Your camera image will appear on the stage along with your background and slide content. Learn how to optimize your webcam setup for mmhmm.
Select and configure your microphone
To talk in your mmhmm conversation or record your mmhmm presentation, you'll need to connect your microphone to mmhmm.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the Microphone icon.
- In the menu, select the microphone you want to use.
- Test your mic by making some noise and watching the sound input level display. If it moves along with the sounds you’re making, your mic is working properly.
Set up your green screen
If you have a physical green screen, you can use it to give you greater control over how your image appears in mmhmm. If you don't have a physical green screen, the virtual green screen included with mmhmm requires no additional setup.
Connect to video conferencing tools
You can connect mmhmm to your video conferencing tools such as Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and more to take your presentations to the next level