This article covers how to host a conversation on mmhmm, as well as how to co-present with other people.
Start a conversation with others
- In a web browser, navigate to the mmhmm home page and click on Launch mmhmm on the top right-hand side of the window. Alternatively, you can launch mmhmm by opening mmhmm on your computer.
- Click Invite people at the top of the screen to invite others to your conversation.
- A dialog box will appear where you can copy and share the link to your conversation with others. This link can be reused as many times as you want and can also be sent in advance of the meeting. To learn more, read Schedule a conversation.
Note: Anyone with the link can join your conversation.
Anyone who has the link to your conversation can join. You will see a notification to either admit or deny entry if they join your link without signing into mmhmm.Note: If they are a part of the same mmhmm for Teams subscription, they will be automatically admitted into the call.
If you want to schedule a future mmhmm conversation, follow the steps in this article.
Add people during your conversation
If you need to invite others to your conversation after it has already started, click Invite people button at the top of the screen. Then copy the link and share it with your invitees.
Join a conversation with others
Note:You do not need a mmhmm account to join a conversation.
- Navigate to a shared mmhmm link in a compatible web browser. If you have mmhmm installed on your computer, your browser will automatically open the conversation link in mmhmm:
- If this is your first time joining an mmhmm conversation, your mmhmm will ask you to allow it access to your computer's camera and microphone. Click Allow.
- Enter your name in the box on the top right-hand side titled "Ready to join?" and click Send Request to Join. Alternatively, you may create an account or sign into your mmhmm account by clicking the respective links under the box where you enter your name. Your request to join the conversation will be sent to the host. You will see the following message until the host admits you into the conversation.
You can join a conversation directly in mmhmm by first clicking the Join button at the top of the mmhmm window, pasting the conversation link in the dialogue box, and clicking Join on the right-hand side.
Record your conversation (co-present)
To start recording your conversation, click Record underneath the mmhmm stage. Once you initiate the recording, all participants in the conversation will receive a notification informing them about the recording. This recording feature also enables you to co-present your mmhmm presentation. You can create a presentation on mmhmm and record it simultaneously with other participants. After you finish recording, your presentation will be automatically saved and uploaded to mmhmm. From there, you can share the link with others.