Here's how to set a proxy server with optional user authentication in mmhmm for Windows.
- Click on the mmhmm menu > “Settings” > “Proxy authentication”.
- This will open a window called “Proxy Settings” where you can set whether or not mmhmm uses a proxy server.
There are three options to select from:
- “Don’t use a proxy” - mmhmm will not use a proxy server.
- “Auto-detect the system proxy” - mmhmm will detect the proxy used by your computer and apply those settings to be used in the app. This option is selected by default.
- "Use the following proxy" - mmhmm will use your desired proxy settings.
- To set your desired proxy settings, select “Use the following proxy” and input your “Host” and “Port” settings into the appropriate boxes. Then select “Apply” to confirm your settings.
Note: You will need to select the “Proxy requires authentication” checkbox if your proxy server requires a username and password.