Record and edit your mmhmm conversation or presentation and share it with others.
Note: Many people in the same mmhmm conversation can start a recording simultaneously.
- Open the mmhmm app on your computer or in a web browser.
- Click the red Record new button under the mmhmm stage to start recording. You'll need to sign into your mmhmm account if you have not done so already. Your recording will begin after a 3-second countdown. During this time, click the Stop button to cancel the recording process altogether.
Click Stop to stop recording. This will create a new video clip called a chapter. Alson, a video editor window will appear where you can review the chapter you just recorded. You will also have the option to trim, split, merge, delete, reorder, or publish your video. Read below for more details on each of these options.
Video editor interface
Tip: Click the image below to enlarge it.
|Play your video to review it.
|Trim your recorded chapters.
|Split a recorded chapter into 2 separate chapters, or merge multiple chapters into 1.
(The merge button only appears when multiple chapters are selected.)
|Visualize the order of your recorded chapters. Click and drag chapters to reorder them.
|Edit the title of your video.
|Close the video editing window.
|More actions - recover deleted chapters.
|Publish your video to mmhmm and share it with others.
Review your video
Review your video by clicking Play in the video editor.
Trim what you just recorded
When you're done recording, click the Stop button to stop your recording. This will create a new video chapter and reveal the video editor window. Here, you can trim your recording. Trimming recorded chapters helps to smooth transitions from one chapter to another.
To trim, or delete the parts of your recording you don't want:
- Select the chapter you want to trim.
- Click Trim. This will reveal the trimming tool.
- Click and drag each end of the video slider to define the part of the chapter you want to keep. The grayed out sections will be trimmed. Optionally, click Zoom in for more granular and precise control.
- Review your edit by using your mouse to hover over the video preview. Click play (or the space bar on your keyboard) to play the trimmed part of the chapter.
- Once you're satisfied with your edit, click Save trim. Optionally, click Cancel if you change your mind about trimming.
By default, you can only trim the beginning and end of each recorded chapter. There is, however, a workaround to trim out sections of recorded video in the middle of your chapter:
When you're satisfied with your edit, you can:
Publish and share your video
Once you finish recording and are ready to share your video, give your video a title and click Publish in the video editor window.
Your video will open in the mmhmm video player window in a new browser tab. Here, edit your video title and description, choose your videos privacy settings, or modify any of the other settings related to your video. Share a link to the video or add your video to an mmhmm channel by clicking Share.
Delete chapters (or recover deleted chapters)
To delete entire chapters of your video:
- Open the video editor.
- Click the chapter you want to delete. (Hold the shift key on your keyboard while clicking on the desired chapters to delete multiple chapters at once.
- Click Delete (trash can).
If you change your mind and want to recover a deleted chapter, click ... (3 dots) on the right-hand side of the video editor and click Show deleted chapters. This button will also show how many chapters you deleted.
- Click the chapter you want to restore. (Hold the shift key on your keyboard while clicking on the desired chapters to restore multiple chapters at once.)
- Click Restore.
To rearrange chapters in your video, click and drag a chapter to your desired spot in the video editor. Hold the shift key on your keyboard while clicking and dragging the desired chapters to rearrange multiple chapters at once.
You may want to split chapters to separate topics of your video into individual chapters. To do this, click and drag the playhead in the video progress bar to the desired chapter section of your video. A black bar will appear in the timeline below to illustrate the location of the playhead.
Once you are happy with the playhead position, click Split. The chapter will split where the playhead is located.
You may want to merge chapters together to group sections of your video by similar topic. By default, the merge button is hidden until you select 2 or more chapter sections. To merge chapters, hold the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the desired chapters. Then, click Merge. A confirmation window will appear asking if you'd like to proceed. When you're ready, click Merge.