Enhance your presentation or conversation in mmhmm with slides. You can also apply slide settings from one slide to another to achieve the same layout and presenter settings.
Table of contents
- Add slides
- Types of slide content
- Manage your slide content
- Reorder slides
- Delete slides
- Apply slide settings to other slides
In your web browser, go to ooo.mmhmm.app/talk or open the mmhmm desktop app on your computer.
In the slide tray at the bottom, click Add Slide. This will create a new, blank slide where you can add content, change your slide background, and access presenter controls. By default, your new slide will be added to the mmhmm Scratchpad, which is the default presentation in the mmhmm desktop and web app.
To add content to your blank slide, choose the slide content type at the top of the mmhmm stage. Choose from Media Library, Share Screen, Upload File, Add Text, Search GIPHY, or More to access more slide content options.
Any slide content you add will be stored in the Media Library and can be reused.
Open the mmhmm Studio app on your Mac.
Click New Slide above the slide tray and select the slide content type you want to add.
Types of slide content
You can add different types of slide content in mmhmm such as text, GIFs, videos, screenshares, and more.
To share your computer screen or a window, click Share Screen, then select your entire screen or a specific window.
To share your computer screen or a window, click New Slide and select This Mac or iOS Device.
You can choose to share a specific application window, your entire desktop, or even your iOS device. To optimize your screen share experience, take note of the following:
- Screen share slides must be added from the New Slide menu. They can’t be dragged and dropped into the slide tray like image and video files.
- If the window you choose is minimized, you must display it on your desktop before it shows up in your slide tray correctly.
- If your audience says your screen share looks blurry, your video conferencing tool has lowered your bandwidth automatically in response to the network speed. To fix this, share the Broadcast window instead.
- If you're sharing a document such as a Google Doc, consider zooming into the content or making the text larger to make it easier for your audience to read.
- To add text to your slide, click Add Text.
- Enter the text you want to display on your slide. You can change the font style, color, and alignment, and more using the text toolbar at the top of the window.
- When you're done, click Create.
- To add a text slide, click New Slide and select Text.
- Enter the text you want to display on your slide in the Title and/or Body fields.
- When you're done, click Done. The text slide will appear in your slide tray.
- To add an animated GIF to your slide, click Search GIPHY.
- In the search bar, enter a keyword to find a GIF.
- Select your GIF and click Add.
- To add a text slide, click New Slide and select GIPHY.
- In the search bar, enter a keyword to find a GIF. You can also add a caption for the GIF.
- When you're done, click Done. The GIPHY slide will appear in your slide tray.
The following file types are supported in mmhmm:
- MOV (QuickTime file)
- PPT & PPTX (PowerPoint)
- KEY (Keynote file)
- To import a presentation or media file, click Upload File.
- Click Browse computer.
- Select a file from your device and click Open.
To import multiple files at the same time:
- On Mac, press and hold the Shift key while you select the files you want to import. When you're done, click Open.
- On Windows, press and hold the Ctrl key while you select the files you want to import. When you're done, click Open.
If you import a photo or video file, it will automatically appear on your slide.
If you import a presentation file, it will be converted to an mmhmm presentation and each page or slide will be added as an individual slide. Learn more about importing slides from Google Slides, Keynote, and PowerPoint into mmhmm.
- To import a media file, click New Slide and select Media.
- Select an image or video file from your device. To import multiple media files, press and hold the Shift key while you select the files you want to import.
- When you're done, click Open.
- To import a presentation, click New Slide and select Import Presentation.
- Select a PowerPoint (PPT or PPTX), Keynote (KEY), or PDF file from your device.
- Click Open. Your presentation will be uploaded, converted into an mmhmm presentation, and open in a new tab in mmhmm Studio. Learn more about importing slides from Google Slides, Keynote, and PowerPoint into mmhmm.
Note: The Whiteboard slide type is currently only available on mmhmm desktop and mmhmm web.
- To add a whiteboard to your slide, click More and select Draw in the dropdown menu.
- Hover over the whiteboard to display the controls. You can choose between a thick or thin brushstroke, eight different colors, and clear the whiteboard.
- To draw, click and drag your cursor across the whiteboard.
Note: The mmhmm TV slide type is currently only available on mmhmm desktop and mmhmm web.
- To add an mmhmm video to your slide, click More and select mmhmm TV in the dropdown menu.
- Select an mmhmm video that you've published or that has been shared with you. The video will be automatically added to your slide and start playing.
- If you have an mmhmm for Teams account, you'll also be able to add videos shared on [My Organization]TV.
You can adjust the volume, change the playback speed, and jump to individual slides with the video playback controls.
You can share a second camera feed to help your audience understand your story from a different angle.
- To add a second camera, click More and select Add Camera in the dropdown menu.
- Click the Select camera dropdown menu and select your second camera.
- Click Use camera.
Your second camera feed will now appear on your slide.
Your second camera feed will now appear on your slide.
Manage your slide content
- Click and drag your slide content to reposition it on the slide.
- Click and drag a corner of the slide content to resize it.
Hover over the slide content to do the following:
- To fill the entire slide with the content, click the Fullscreen icon.
- To remove the slide content, click the Trash icon.
- To edit, copy, or change the order of the content on the slide, click the Edit icon.
To change whether your content appears in front or behind the presenter, click the Style button in the upper right. In the Layout section, select or clear the Media on top checkbox.
To change how your slide displays, use the slide display controls above the slide tray. By default, slides are displayed above and behind the presenter's shoulders, but you can make a slide display in full screen by clicking Full.
When your slides are set to display in Shoulder, you can reposition or resize them by hovering over your slide.
- Click and drag your slide to reposition it on the stage.
- Click and drag a corner of the slide to resize it.
When you have more than one slide in your tray, you can move through slides in sequence using your left and right arrow keys.
To change whether your slide appears in front or behind the presenter, go to Slides in the menu bar and select Slides on Top.
To turn on or turn off slide transitions, go to Slides in the menu bar and select Slide Transitions.
To change the order of your slides, click and drag the slide to a new position in the slide tray.
To delete a slide from your presentation, right-click the slide in the slide tray and select Move to Trash. You can also use the Command + Delete keyboard shortcut to delete a slide.
Apply slide settings to other slides
You may want to position yourself front and center on stage, switch quickly to a different background, or get out of the way of your content. To reuse the same background and presenter settings, you can apply individual slide settings to other slides.
- In the slide tray, select the slide with the desired settings.
- Right-click the target slide and select Apply settings from selected slide.
- To apply the settings of a slide to all the slides in your presentation, right-click the slide with the desired settings and select Apply settings to all slides.
In the slide tray, select the slide with the desired settings.
Click New Scene above the slide tray. This will create a new scene and will allow you to change the room and presenter controls for this slide.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the scene number of your target slide, then select the desired scene with the settings you want to apply to the target slide.
Don’t see the answer to your question? If you’re having technical difficulties or want to suggest a topic for this guide, submit a support ticket or email us at email@example.com.