Table of contents
If you are adding video slides and would like your audience to hear the audio from the file, you'll need to first set up mmhmm audio. This process takes less than a minute, but without it, your video slides will be inaudible to your audience.
Coming soon to Windows
Note: Audio is not supported for Screen Share slides, however, you can use apps from companies like Rogue Amoeba that produce apps like Loopback or ACE to configure this feature.
Who is this for?
Anyone who is using video slides and needs their audience to hear the audio for that particular video slide.
How it works
Mmhmm combines your microphone audio with the audio from video file into a single audio output. By selecting this new audio output as the source for audio source in your video conference platform (Zoom/Meet/etc.), you'll be able to broadcast both the sound of your voice and the sound within the video file to your audience.
If you don't take these steps of routing your microphone audio through mmhmm, and mmhmm audio to your conferencing platform, the audio content of your video file will be inaudible to your viewers.
1. Click the 'Mic' button on mmhmm's top toolbar.
2. Select the sound input for your microphone. Please note: if you have more than one input source, be sure to select the correct option for your desired input.
3. In your conferencing platform (e.g. Zoom), open your audio settings.
4. In the microphone selection dropdown, select 'mmhmm Audio' or 'mmhmm Audio (Virtual)'
Zoom audio settings:
Google Meet audio settings:
5. Do a sound check to test that the platform is picking up your signal. Most platforms have an animated sound wave to indicate that it is picking up sound.
Once you've completed these steps, your audience should be able to hear both you and the sound from your video slides.
When you’re done presenting from mmhmm, you might want to change your audio source back to your preferred microphone in your video conference platform (Zoom/Meet/etc). Otherwise, you’ll need to have mmhmm running every time you join a call.