mmhmm for Mac needs screen recording permissions to be enabled. This is required in order to create a screen share slide.
You should be prompted for this the first time you try to add a screen share slide.
Follow the steps below to configure this manually if you don't receive an automatic prompt to grant mmhmm permission to record your screen.
How to enable screen recording permissions for mmhmm
- Click on "System Preferences" from the Mac toolbar on the top left-hand side of your screen.
- Once System Preferences opens, select "Security & Privacy."
- Choose the "Privacy" tab.
- To make changes to this window, click the lock icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the window and enter your computer's password once prompted.
- Select "Screen Recording" from the left-hand side column.
- Click the checkbox next to mmhmm.app to allow mmhmm the ability to record your screen. If the checkbox is already selected, uncheck and then recheck it.
- Select "Quit & Reopen." This will quit mmhmm and reopen it, and screen recording should be enabled.