In mmhmm, your image is not flipped and your audience will see things in the orientation you see in mmhmm, even if it appears flipped in Zoom/Meet.
Table of contents
- Why does it look flipped in Zoom/Meet?
- Turning off mirroring in Zoom
- Can I turn off mirroring in Google Meet?
Why does it look flipped in Zoom/Meet?
By default, most video conferencing tools horizontally flip your video feed to make it feel more like the mirror in your bathroom. This flipped image is then broadcast to your audience in the correct orientation.
Turning off mirroring in Zoom
If you don't want to see yourself mirrored in Zoom, you can turn that off in Zoom's video preferences.
- Click on Video Settings... in the Zoom call.
- Navigate to Video in the left-hand side column.
- Unselect Mirror my video.
Can I turn off mirroring in Google Meet?
Unfortunately, Google does not have a built-in option to un-mirror content in your feed. However, rest assured that your audience can see the content in the correct orientation.
Consider reading from the slides in mmhmm if the mirrored text is proving difficult to follow.