Welcome to mmhmm! mmhmm helps you be better on video, whether you’re presenting during a video meeting or recording content you want to share asynchronously.
mmhmm is an everyday tool that’s accessible to everyone. Making a video should feel as effortless as sending a text message, as quick as a chat, and as human as a coffee break. So we’ve created mmhmm to be the best communication tool in the modern workplace. Read below to learn more and get started.
Table of contents
- Install and launch mmhmm
- Choose a room
- Set your look
- Add content and create a presentation
- Record and share a video
- Watch videos on mmhmm TV
- Connect to video conferencing apps
- Level up
Install and setup mmhmm
Launch mmhmm, and let's get started. You can host a conversation, record a video, watch tutorial videos, or even launch mmhmm desktop from here. If you don't have the desktop version of mmhmm yet, you can download the app by clicking Download or visiting our downloads page. Read Install and set up mmhmm to learn more.
Choose a room
Set the tone for your presentation by choosing the perfect background or rooms in mmhmm. The rooms panel, where you can select your room, contains a partial list of the choices in our rooms catalog. Read Adjust your rooms (or backgrounds) to learn more about rooms.
Prefer to show off your actual room or location? We'll tell you how to do that in the section below.
Set your look
A great show uses space, lighting, and special effects to make the speaker look their best. In mmhmm, you can similarly change your appearance with the Presenter panel.
The presenter panel gives you the ability to use your real room as a background, add fun filters to your appearance with the effects dropdown, and let your audience know you'll be right back if you step away from your presentation.
You can also enable gestural communication with Big Hands. See what happens when you wave, give a thumbs-up, flash a peace sign, or make a heart!
For an in-depth guide, read Adjust your appearance.
Add content and create a presentation
mmhmm for web makes it easy to add content to your videos. Add photos, videos, GIFs, to your calls. Share your screen or take a poll. For an in-depth guide on how to add slides, read Add slides and scenes.
Record and share a video
When you're ready, record and share a video! Look great and be the center of your presentations. Get your point across with clear visuals.
To learn more, read Record and share a video.
Watch videos on mmhmm TV
Watch videos on mmhmm TV shared by you, someone else, or someone in your organization. Click here to learn more.
Connect to video conferencing apps
mmhmm is compatible with just about any video conferencing tool you can think of. Most people use mmhmm with Zoom and Google Meet, but it also works with the web versions of Slack, Cisco Webex, MS Teams, and more. Although the setup is slightly different for each platform, they follow similar steps.
To connect to your video conferencing app:
- Open mmhmm.
- Launch your video conferencing platform.
- Choose mmhmm as your camera input in the video conferencing platform.
Read mmhmm compatibility with other video conferencing apps for a more in-depth list of compatible video conferencing apps and how to connect them to mmhmm.
You’re ready to use mmhmm! When you’re ready to do more, here’s how to use some of our most popular features:
- Cloud sync - mmhmm supports cloud syncing! Learn how we store and handle your content.
- What is mmhmm premium? – Learn what you get with mmhmm Premium.
- The laser pointer allows you to draw your audience’s attention to the perfect spot.
- Use your real room as your background – When you would prefer not to use a virtual background.
- Green screen best practices – How to get good results when using a physical green screen.
- Customize your presentation with scenes – How to add persistent, customized settings for each slide.
- Keyboard shortcuts allow you to make quick changes while presenting.
- Help! My content is flipped – Here’s why your slides may appear backward.
- Record using takes – How to record great presentations on mmhmm Studio.
- Export or download your video - Learn how to share your recorded videos with your friends and team.
Don’t see the answer to your question? If you’re having technical difficulties or want to suggest a topic for this guide, click here to submit a support ticket or email us at email@example.com.