Welcome to mmhmm! mmhmm was built to make work over video better. As a video communication tool, mmhmm lets you create impressive presentations, share asynchronous updates, and collaborate virtually. Read this guide to get started with all things mmhmm.
Table of contents
- Launch or install mmhmm
- Choose your background
- Customize your appearance
- Add content to your presentation
- Record and share videos
- Watch videos on mmhmm
- Use mmhmm with video conferencing tools
- Level up in mmhmm
Launch or install mmhmm
- To launch mmhmm from a web browser, go to ooo.mmhmm.app/talk.
- To install mmhmm on your computer, go to the mmhmm download page and download mmhmm for Mac or mmhmm for Windows. Learn how to install and set up mmhmm.
- To install mmhmm Studio (Mac only), go to the mmhmm download page and download Studio for Mac. Learn how to install and set up mmhmm Studio.
Choose your background
Set the tone for your presentation or conversation by choosing the perfect background. In the Style panel, you can choose a background in the Backgrounds library. Learn more about changing and customizing your background.
Customize your appearance
A great show uses space, lighting, and special effects to make the speaker look their best. In mmhmm, you can use the Style panel to change how you're framed, add visual effects, communicate with hand gestures, and more. Learn more about adjusting your appearance.
Add content to your presentation
It's easy to add content to your presentation or conversation in mmhmm. You can add photos, videos, GIFs, and even share your screen Learn more about adding slides to your mmhmm presentation or conversation.
Record and share videos
If you're creating a presentation to share asynchronously with your team, you can record and share a video. You can even invite other people to join your recording! Learn more about recording and sharing videos.
Watch videos on mmhmm
Want to check out content other people have created in mmhmm? Watch videos on mmhmm shared by you, someone else, or someone in your organization. Learn more about finding and watching videos on mmhmm.
Use mmhmm with video conferencing tools
mmhmm is compatible with most popular video conferencing tools, including Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and more. To use mmhmm with your video conferencing app:
- Open mmhmm or mmhmm Studio.
- Open your video conferencing tool.
- Choose mmhmm as your camera input.
Learn more about connecting mmhmm to video conferencing tools.
Level up in mmhmm
Now that you know the basics, here's how you can get even more out of mmhmm:
- Cloud sync – Learn how cloud sync works and how your content is stored and handled.
- mmhmm plans and features – Learn about mmhmm's plans.
- Green screen best practices – Learn how to use a physical green screen to optimize how you appear in mmhmm.
- Keyboard shortcuts, hotkeys, and gestures – Learn how to make quick changes while presenting in mmhmm Studio.
- Background and slide content are flipped – Learn why your image may appear flipped in certain video conferencing tools.
- Slides are not visible or appear blurry – Learn why slides may appear blurry and how to display them in the highest possible resolution.
- Download or export your video – Learn how to download your presentation as a video or export it as an mmhmm archive file.