Recent versions of Zoom (5.1.2 and later) can detect mmhmm as a camera input right out of the box. Make sure you are on the latest version of Zoom to ensure compatibility with mmhmm.
Table of contents
Update to the latest version of Zoom
1. Open the Zoom desktop app on your computer and sign in with your account.
2. Click your profile picture on the top right-hand side of the window, then click Check for Updates. If there is a newer version, Zoom will download and install it.
Note: Make sure to disable any of Zoom's virtual backgrounds to avoid Zoom and mmhmm incompatibility.
Use mmhmm with Zoom
1. Open mmhmm and keep it running.
2. Open Zoom and choose mmhmm Camera as your video source. If you don't see mmhmm Camera as an option, quit Zoom and re-launch it.
3. Enjoy your call!
For the clearest quality presentations, especially those where you are sharing a lot of text with your audience, we recommend you use Zoom's Share Screen functionality. This will automatically set your audience's screens to Speaker View and allow you to get maximized bandwidth for a smooth presentation.
1. Join a Zoom call.
2. Click on the green Share Screen button located on the bottom toolbar.
3. Click on the mmhmm - SHARE THIS window.
4. Click on the Share button on the bottom right-hand side of the window to confirm your selection.
Note: If mmhmm is not working with Zoom, try restarting your computer.