This article explains how to install or uninstall the mmhmm beta for Mac or Windows.
mmhmm for Mac beta
To install the beta version:
- If you haven’t already done so, download and install mmhmm for Mac.
- Check for updates to make sure you have the latest version installed.
- Select the "Join the mmhmm Beta" option from the mmhmm menu.
To uninstall the beta version:
- After you have joined the Beta track, you will see a new "Leave the mmhmm Beta" option in the mmhmm menu. This will update your app to the generally available version of mmhmm if there is a generally available version with a version number higher than your current beta version.
- If there is not a newer generally available version (which will be true in most cases), and you wish to immediately stop using the Beta software, the next step is to uninstall mmhmm from your computer (you can do this by moving mmhmm to your Trash.)
- If you want to go back to to the non-Beta version of mmhmm, you can reinstall mmhmm from the downloads page.
mmhmm for Windows beta
mmhmm for Windows is now out of beta! The newest version of mmhmm for Windows fixes many of the bugs we found in beta. If you were previously running a beta version, just upgrade to the newest version when prompted.
We will be re-launching our new and improved beta program soon. Stay tuned if you want to opt in to our beta program for early access to features (and to help us find and fix bugs!).