In this article, we will cover the following:
- Mac requirements
- Windows requirements
- What to do If you see an "Information: Your system does not meet minimum requirements needed to run mmhmm" error
macOS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), or macOS 11 (Big Sur)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10
- Processor: 64-bit Intel-based processor (32-bit and ARM based systems are not supported. This includes Surface Pro X devices).
- Dedicated Graphics Card
- 8GB RAM
- 100MB of available storage
- Updated device drivers
- Open GL version 4.1 or above
We are slowly releasing the Windows beta so if you haven't joined the waitlist, now is the time! Scroll down to the bottom of this page and get on the list.
If you see an "Information: Your system does not meet minimum requirements needed to run mmhmm" error
Mmhmm for Windows has minimum requirements for hardware and software. If you’re getting this error message, you’re likely running a system that is not supported because it’s running older hardware, older supporting libraries, or is using device drivers that need to be updated. (We have seen this issue with older cameras, GPUs, and onboard graphics.)
To resolve this, try these four steps:
1. Check your camera permissions
Type “camera settings” in the search field and click to open the Camera privacy settings page.
Verify that the “Camera access for this device is on” and the slider for “Allow apps to access your camera” is on.
Scroll down to the section “Allow desktop apps to access your camera” and ensure that the slider is on.
2. Update your device drivers. See this Microsoft support article.
3. Verify your version of OpenGL is at least 4.1. It’s surprisingly difficult to get the version of OpenGL installed in Windows. We’ve found the easiest way to do this is to use a free 3rd party tool, the OpenGL Extensions Viewer made by Realtech VR.
4. Reach out to us. If these steps do not resolve your issue, we will need more information to further understand how mmhmm is working on your particular machine. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll work with you to identify exactly what the issue is.