If you try to install mmhmm on a Mac, you may receive an error that states, "The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." This error will prevent you from successfully installing mmhmm.
This error is likely due to a macOS permissions issue and can be resolved by following the steps below:
- Close the Installer by clicking the blue Close button.
- Move the installer pkg file from its current folder location to another folder on your computer, such as your desktop.
- Double-click the Installer and attempt to install mmhmm again. If this doesn't work, follow the steps below.
If the above steps don't work:
- Click the Apple logo at the top left-hand side of your computer screen and open System Settings.
- In System Settings, click Privacy & Security in the sidebar on the left. (You may need to scroll down.)
- Click Files and Folders.
- Under the "Installer" app header, click the toggle for both Desktop and Downloads folders to enable them so the Installer can access files in those locations.
- Double-click the Installer and attempt to install mmhmm again. If this doesn't work, please contact our Customer Support team.